Now that the 64-bit version of Outlook is supported by later versions of GoldMine, what are the key differences between the two integrations:
For the Ivanti comparison table, click here
Now that the 64-bit version of Outlook is supported by later versions of GoldMine, what are the key differences between the two integrations:
For the Ivanti comparison table, click here
GoldMine 2021.1 has been released and is available through Wizard Systems. Here's the highlights.
The GoldMine Link Add-in for Microsoft Outlook can be installed on a 64-bit Microsoft Office version. The GoldMine Plus can be installed on Microsoft Office on 32-bit only.
55802 GMWEB (GoldMine Web) - Extended Details are still showing fields which are not available in GMPE (as they have been marked for suppression in the extended details setup)
72126 GoldMine Link for Outlook - the Email template name bar is too short (20 char less than the GoldMine Plus for Outlook) which leads users often to select the wrong template
76107 GoldMine Web Since 2019.1.3 it is not possible anymore to get Sent emails into the system although the setup is correct
76639 When a user has several OAUTH accounts with a default set as the first account in the list>>after a while the default will change to one of the other accounts.
Please contact Wizard Systems for details!
Latest GoldMine System Requirements:
GoldMine 2021 Release Notes:
By using the GoldMine 'lookup.ini' you can get GoldMine to automatically colour certain types of activities. Your GoldMine lookup.ini must have a section like this:
A = 3
C = 1
T = 4
M = 0
O = 2
On the left hand side of the equation you identify the activity that is to receive the specified
color that is contained in the coded number in the right hand side of the equation. Below we
have listed the coding for each side of the equation.
A = Appointments 0 = Bright Blue 5 = Bright Yellow 10 = Green
C = Calls 1 = Bright Purple 6 = Cyan 11 = Yellow
T = Next Actions 2 = Bright Red 7 = White 12 = Blue
M = Messages 3 = Bright Cyan 8 = Gray 13 = Purple
O = Other Actions 4 = Bright Green 9 = Red 14 = Dark Grey
The lookup.ini is a very clever part of GoldMine. Please contact Wizard Systems for more information.
Bison Machinery Ltd., a specialist supplier of high quality metalworking machinery, chose Riva to integrate GoldMine and Microsoft Exchange. Integral to the project’s success was Riva’s ability to seamlessly and transparently sync GoldMine appointments and emails to the native calendar apps on mobile devices such as iPhones, iPads, and other smartphones and tablet PCs. The company’s sales and customer service teams can now concentrate on their work rather than manually archive emails.
Bison supplies high quality metalworking machinery for fabrication, sawing, engineering, and sheet metalwork. The company, headquartered in Stafford, UK, is a trusted partner of the sheet metal and fabrication industry. With a history dating back to the 1800s, the team of 25 employees benefits from the combined experience and product knowledge that has been passed down from generation to generation in this family-owned business.
Bison implemented their CRM of choice, GoldMine, in 2012. There is one administrator responsible for providing IT support for all sales and customer service employees in the company using GoldMine to record and archive client email correspondence and meetings.
To better integrate GoldMine into Bison’s daily workflow, the company tried using a plug-in for GoldMine with less than satisfying results. Rather than performing the sync tasks automatically as Bison needed, users had to archive emails manually. This created an additional workload for the users and resulted in less than optimal use of the company’s CRM.
Summary of challenges:
Bison was searching for a way to seamlessly sync emails and calendars between their CRM and email systems which they considered crucial in optimizing the workflows of their sales and customer service staff.
The company wanted to have the option to archive emails in CRM as well. GoldMine partner and CRM specialists, Wizard Systems, recommended Riva to solve their sync and archiving issues.
“We’ve found Riva to be an excellent product that just simply works. It saves us significant time now that we no longer have to manually link emails into GoldMine,” said Guy Bushnell, director, Bison Machinery Ltd.
Riva is now used by Bison to sync GoldMine and Microsoft Exchange for 14 employees – adding customer value, relieving all of the company’s pain points, and providing reliable, customer data automation for the company’s CRM and email systems.
Wizard Systems worked closely with Riva during the implementation process and managed all support requests on behalf of Bison. This made for a smooth and easy setup that did not require much in the way of involvement on the part of Bison.
“Throughout the pre-sales process and our implementation of Riva at Bison, we received excellent support from Riva’s customer services team. Riva is a great fit for Bison. Many of our Goldmine users have multiple Exchange mailboxes. Riva easily and eloquently handles manages this and removes the need for unreliable client add-ons,” stated Luke Fletcher, Software Consultant at Wizard Systems.
Riva, and the product’s option for automated email features, enables Bison’s sales and customer service teams to save time and ensure consistent CRM entries.
Riva enables Bison’s sales and customer service teams to work more efficiently in GoldMine and Microsoft Exchange, and on their mobile devices – in connected and disconnected modes – which has improved the quality of information that is being automatically archived in GoldMine.
“The real value with Riva is that we now have the peace of mind that our data is automatically and seamlessly integrated between CRM and email, without our employees having to do any manual data entry. Previously we were often unsure if users had remembered to manually sync emails,” said Guy Bushnell, Director, Bison Machinery Ltd.
The company will continue to take advantage of the high flexibility and stability that Riva provides in the future.
For more information on Exchange Integration with GoldMine, please contact Wizard Systems.
Riva is your one stop shop for integration of popular CRM systems like GoldMine..
Contact Wizard Systems for more information
What’s Fixed in GoldMine 2017.1 HF1a
GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.384 / GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.484
253026 Privilege errors when the Outlook Link is installed although both applications are started as the same user. with the new Outlook Link
253121 Since upgrading to HF1 of the GM Link, An exception is thrown when new emails are auto-linked where this is a Link Exclusion set.
Please contact Wizard Systems for more information.
The latest release of GoldMine, 2017.1, comes with a new Outlook link. Here are the instructions:
For more information on how to get a GoldMine upgrade, please contact Wizard Systems.
We are pleased to now announce availability of the latest version of GoldMine - 2017.1.
Below is comprehensive information on what’s new in GoldMine 2017.1 GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.328 / GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.460 and all functionalities that have been added after GoldMine 2016.1, including any added in all 2016.1 Hot Fixes.
Please contact Wizard Systems on 01454 316800 or email us for more information on how to get this upgrade.
A new default landing page after logging in with the following sections:
● Displays a snapshot of upcoming timed activities, starting from the time at which the user is logged into web.
● Select the "Go to Activities" to view more activities on the existing Activities page.
My Pending Emails
● Displays a snapshot of pending emails.
● Select the "View More" to view more emails in a new My Pending Emails page.
● Displays a snapshot of recently viewed contacts.
● Displays a snapshot of recently viewed opportunities.
● Displays a snapshot of recently viewed cases.
My Pending Emails
A new page containing a tabular view of pending emails for the logged in user.
● Accessed from either the “My Pending Emails” section in the Home page or through the global menu at the top right of the browser, next to the GoldMine User ID.
● The Pending and History activities associated with a case are accessible from the detailed view of a Case.
● View and create Notes - both “Case Notes” and “Resolution Notes” (PE equivalent of the notes in the “Notes” and “Resolution” tabs).
● From the detailed view of a Contact record, users can now add a linked document stored in a cloud drive (eg. One Drive, Dropbox or Box etc) or shared network path to a contact by including a valid URL or UNC path to a shared drive.
● Schedule a follow-up activity when completing an activity. Notes and other information are carried over to the follow up activity.
● User-specific settings that are applicable to GoldMine Web within the “Access” and “Menu” tabs in PE’s Tools → Users’ SeEngs… → <USER> are now reﬂected on web.
● Contact record curtaining and ownership specified in PE are observed on web.
● F2 look-up validation settings in PE are observed for Pending and History activities on web.
● "Back to results" link added to the Opportunity details and Case details pages.
● A “View All” link has been added to the Opportunities section in the detailed view of a Contact record.
GoldMine Link for Microsoft Outlook - A new Outlook add-in for linking email messages to GoldMine contacts.
Link Email / Unlink Email
● The “Link Email” button in the toolbar enables the user to link email messages, search a contact, or create a contact.
■ If the email address matches a GoldMine contact, it will be suggested.
■ Use “Search GoldMine” to search for a contact in GoldMine to link email messages. ■ Use “Create Contact” to create a new contact in GoldMine and link the email messages.
● When an email message is linked, it will be filed to the contact’s History tab.
View Contact in GoldMine
● The “View in GoldMine” button in the toolbar enables viewing the contact in GoldMine.
● The “Settings” toolbar button enables the user to set up or update GoldMine Link, enable/disable automatic linking, configure Outlook folders, specify linking exclusions and set up Outlook synchronization.
● Settings for each user may also be configured from PE by a master user by going to Tools → Configure → GoldMine Link Outlook SeEngs…
● Select the “Start/Stop Sync” button in the toolbar to start or stop Outlook synchronization with GoldMine.
● The GoldMine address book is added to the list of “Other Address Book Types” in Outlook upon installation of GoldMine Link.
Environment Table Settings
● A new flag - “forceUTF8ForOutgoingEmail” - for enabling the use the charset “UTF-8” when sending emails through the Email Center. This flag takes a value of “0” or “1”. When set to “1”, the charset used for sending emails will be “UTF-8”. It does not matter what charset is specified in PE.
● The TLog query for synchronization has been refactored and optimized for performance improvements in release 2017.1. A new flag - “UseOptimizedCalDefTLogsQuery” - is introduced to enable GoldMine administrators to turn off this optimization, if needed. This flag can be set to “0” to turn off the TLog query optimization.
What’s Changed in GoldMine 2017.1
GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.328 / GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.460 Changes made after GoldMine 2016.1, including the changes from all 2016.1 Hot Fixes.
● The Contacts, Opportunities and Cases lists for mid- to small- sized screens are mobile responsive. These lists are now displayed in a card format rather than tabular format for these screens.
● The “Activities” page graphical calendar is hidden by default on small screens. Select the calendar icon to display or hide the calendar.
● The “Activities” page Tasks and To-Dos are collapsed by default for all screen sizes.
● When searching for Cases or Opportunities, the default result of the search is Status: All and Owner: All.
● The Contact record “Cases” section displays all Cases for the selected Contact. ● All links to GoldMine Mobile will now be redirected to GoldMine Web.
GoldMine Premium Edition
● "Include items from the local windows index” and “Include items from remote Windows index” in Universal Search’s “Documents” tab are now disabled by default.
Below is what’s fixed in GoldMine 2017.1 GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.328 / GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.460 Issues that were addressed after GoldMine 2016.1. Issues fixed in all 2016.1 Hot Fixes are also included.
205910 Create email on GoldMine internal user on Project's team tab does not create internal email to User but instead creates email to Project's primary contact.
214724 French, German and also Danish characters corrupt in the email header when downloaded into
the GoldMine inbox - displays fine online.
213683 Zoom or any interactivity with GM+View Google Maps or Google Directions does not work on IE 10 or IE 11 but works in IE 9 or IE 8.
219439 Google Maps and Google Directions GM+View appear always with message at the top 'It looks like you have enabled Internet Explorer Compatibility View. Google Maps will not work correctly unless this is turned off. Learn how to do this'.
222313 Body of e-mail flickers when replying to an e-mail with certain content - When replying to a HTML formatted email that contains external images, the cursor repeatedly flashes, alternating between the hour glass and pointer.
223091 Linkedin GM+ View displays incorrectly formatted as the first search result is obscured by the menu items on the webpage.
231331 When creating a recurring activity and editing the start date after creating the recurring series, if not clicking the recurring tab the last date of the recurring series drops off.
232659 GoldMine - Outlook Synchronization will loose/destroy after several changes and synchronizations back and forth German special characters.
233236 (GMWEB) Removing Edit Tab Folders right for a user, makes the user unable to complete activities in GoldMine Web >> Contact's Pending area while this is possible in GMPE on the Contact's Pending tab.
233256 When using Google Maps and Google Directions GM+View a message appears - You seem to be using an unsupported browser. This even re-appears when setting Google Maps to full instead of lite mode.
234712 GMWEB - Calendar date display is not available when first make browser windows smaller and then maximize view again.
234850 [GMWEB] Feature request - Add the schedule a Follow-up option to GoldMine Web.
235067 [GMWEB] Calendar loading with spinning wheel when the user has a lot of pending activities for the specific time frame scheduled >> this makes the activity list on the ACTIVITIES page not responsive, scroll may or may not work appears to hang in the list.
235387 GM+Views for LinkedIn templates are distorted, scrambled, fields are overlapping and there is a lot of white space on the left and right, maybe even message, looks like you're using a browser that's not supported although IE 11 is installed and used.
235709 Cross validated/context depending F2 lookups on OPMGR table: F2 values different in Opportunity's/Project's detail vs. Opportunity's/Project's properties view. Properties view shows no values as it looks for ' ' instead of set values.
235847 Emails (either with certain encoding or from certain mailserver, mailclients) will destroy Special characters (for example GERMAN or FRENCH) within the body - initially reported for PLAIN but also for HTML.
238799 Query times out or sync takes ages when a lot of users are in a GoldMine database, and / or filtered sync settings are used - offending query part seems to be C.USERID IN
239349 [GMWEB] When using forced valid input for the STATE F2 Lookup entry that contains comments in format value // comment the entry will not show as valid input in.
240297 (GMWEB) - Discrepancy between security settings in GoldMine Premium Edition and GoldMine Web - e.g. Menu restrictions - Schedule and Complete is not respected in GMWEB, Access restriction Edit Tab folders is only partly respected - GMPE disallows to change.
240618 Google Apps Sync Configuration documentation is outdated and Google Apps has changed many areas and topics - even when trying to document never connects sucessfully.
241625 (GMWEB) - Responsiveness of Contact list - users on devices may need to know that they can scroll to the right in order to see Phone number - Request for making the list responsive too.
241704 GoldMine column in Outlook no longer shows any box or check mark after upgrading to GMPE 2016.1.
245599 When a different user completes a recurring single user Activity scheduled for a different user, the completing user is taken over even with the variable added to the Environment table.
245747 Change Request - Change of the Pop-Up message “Are you sure you want to delete all selected alarms?” as this deletes the related activities and not only alarms as the message lets assume.
245827 (GMWEB) Unable to set a date older than today when Adding a history item in GoldMine Web after upgrading to GMPE/GM Connect 2016.1 GA release.
245885 The operation cannot be performed because the message has been changed when manually linking while creating an email in Outlook and then try to send.
246048 Sent Email won't link from Outlook to GoldMine when using the option "Link To: Additional Contact".
246294 Randomly on new contacts created by web import, the AP creates the activity and or history item but does not link it to the new contact.
246404 GMWEB - The Total and Forecast Column in OPPORTUNITIES list is to small and needs be extended.
246648 API Assistance request - customer getting error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object on inserting data and retrieving data via API
246998 Emails sent via GMPE do not include charset in heading if nothing is specified in Tools > Options > Email > More Options > Composing causing decoding to fail.
247471 GMWEB - Email address on partially curtained records visible in the Contact list or Search list in GMWEB.
247588 GMWEB - JSON error when opening ACTIVITIES page - Server Error Cannot deserialize JSON request input parameters.
249075 Google changed the name of Google Apps to G Suite - references in the application should be changed as this is an official product name.
249148 Compatibility Testing with Microsoft Windows Server 2016.
249326 Error: Unable to create PDA transfer set when using Outlook Sync with any kind of filter set - Outlook Sync is not possible at all.
250162 Special characters destroyed when downloading emails (similar to RM 235847 and/or 246998)
250721 [GMWEB] Forced valid input for Reference field is not forced when Scheduling or Completing activities.
250756 Ability to have by default the setting "Include items from the local windows index” under Universal Search > Options > Documents tab" disabled by default.
251497 Creation transfer sets when selecting no users (or only specific) and a sync filter is set - An error occurred while creating the transfer set. for gathering TLOGS for CALDEF.
252213 Wrong / outdated link on Record Type HTML Information screen - Welcome to GoldMine's Record Types Administration Center! - Partner locator points to Frontrange.com web site and is not correctly redirected - The requested page cannot be found.
For more information on how to access the latest version of GoldMine, please contact Wizard Systems.
GoldMine Tip: How to make GoldMine to Outlook link share Appointments only...
Q. Is it possible to make the GoldMine to Outlook Calendar just sync appointments, rather than Appointments, Calls, Actions etc?
A: There are no settings to prevent GoldMine from syncing all activity types. However,
- It is possible to categorise activities that sync across appointments into Outlook. Categorised activities are then given a type and colour
- It is possible to filter your Outlook Calendar to hide items of certain categories
This can be achieved as follows:
1. Ensure your Outlook Calendar sync is setup and working.
2. Go to the User’s pc and log into GoldMine as the User who you need to adjust
- Select... Tools | Configure | Outlook Integration settings
- Select the Synchronisation tab
- Select the lower button, 'Setup Outlook synchronisation for USERNAME'
- Select Next then tick Advanced Options
- Select Next then press the Advanced Options button
- On the General Tab tick 'Use Categories' for Activities in Outlook
- Select OK then Finish
Any new activities added to GoldMine will now sync to Outlook with a category
3. You can filter your Outlook diary as follows:
- In the 'View' ribbon, click 'View Settings'
- Click the 'Filter...' option
- Choose the 'Advanced' tab
- Add a rule on the Field 'Frequently-used fields' > 'Categories'
- Enter the Condition 'doesn't contain'
- Enter the exact category name under Value (Call or Appointment etc)
- Hit 'Ok' to close the dialogs
- In the 'View' ribbon, open 'Change View' and choose 'Save Current View As a New View...'
You have now saved a view that filters meetings from certain categories. If you want to switch between the trimmed down view and the full calendar view you can use the 'Change View' button in the 'View' ribbon.