The Wizard Systems help desk team get a lot of calls from users who are locked out of their GoldMine account because of an incorrectly typed password.
You may have recently upgraded, and GoldMine passwords are now CASE SENSITIVE! This means:
• If you have not changed your password, it is now ALL uppercase
• The only person that can unblock your account is a master user (or user that has rights to change user settings)
Our advice is also to plan for when your administrator is out of the office.
• Does only one person have access to the menus to unblock an account?
• What happens when they are away or not available?
• Does everybody know that the password is case sensitive?
• Does any user automatically log in with a shortcut that contains the password?
Here is how you unblock an account:
To Unblock Accouts:
1. Login to GoldMine as a Master User
2. Go to Tools > User's Settings
3. Highlight the blocked user > Click on Properties
4. Click the Unblock Account button
For all your GoldMine support questions, contact Wizard Systems.