Here's the latest GoldMine Compatibility Matrix (in a PDF format). Important information if you are installing the latest version of GoldMine, upgrading GoldMine or upgrading any other related application or Operating System.
GoldMine Product News
What’s Fixed in GoldMine 2017.1 HF3
GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.422/ GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.504
Issue and Description
253262 Unable to set the GMGoogleSync configuration, error when trying to access
http://localhost/goldmine/configuration - Server error in ‘. Goldmine/Configuration'
253430 If a non-master user has the option 'Add New' unchecked under the Access Tab of Tools>User's
Settings>Properties, they won't be able to edit a contact record in GMWeb even if they are the
owner of the contact record
253476 Outlook Link - When Searching for contacts clicking on the found name will usually
immediately open GoldMine, this is inconvenient and there should be rather a double click
253496 Outlook Link - Having a Hyperlink for View Contact only on the value and not complete row
when Searching for a contact record
253292 Clone a primary field view in Record Types Admin. Whatever name is chosen brings up a 'this
name is already in use' error.
253836 Special characters (e.g. French) will be destroyed when saving an email template >> also when
sending such an email to a contact the special characters are gone
254172 Change default action when linking an email to a different contact, currently default option is
"YES" preferred and least destructive should have NO as the default response.
254487 GMweb hangs on the landing page and when opening a Conatct record for an extended period
of time before showing results
To get access to GoldMine Upgrades you will need a current GoldMine Maintenance Contract. Please contact Wizard Systems for details.
What’s Fixed in GoldMine 2017.1 HF2
GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.403 / GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.495
Issue number and description
217215 Replying to email with an apostrophe and a comma in the alias will cause an error that the email address is not linked.
230812 Setting a filter (not grid filter but via Options) on a tab with a lot of records (e.g. with a certain reference) and scrolling down to get more results the existing results will be visually duplicated over and over again …
232875 Constant Contact campaigns show occasionally duplicated in Campaigns grid >> this can happen when 2 different users are logging into the same Constant Contact account but also in other instances
247237 "Save as Group" feature within the Contact Search Center allows curtained records to be added to a group.
247469 Build a group contains unexpectedly also curtained contact records - group building does not respect record ownership and curtaining.
247943 Expanded notes windows appears when the Activity related fields (for example CAL->Ref or CONTHIST->RESULTCODE) have a Context-dependant F2 Lookup and you try and open the specific field from an activity.
252893 Provide better logging or the information about possible HRESULT exception meanings as they cannot be identified via Google.
253146 Unable to open Email attachments from Pending Email (Email in the GoldMine Inbox).
253173 GMWEB - An error has occurred on the server. Please contact your system administrator when clicking the Refine button for an advanced search
253181 GMWEB - An error has occurred on the server. Please contact your system administrator when clicking the Refine button for an advanced search
For more information on how to get a GoldMine upgrade, please contact Wizard Systems.
Effective July 31, 2017, the GoldMine Product Downloads@ site has moved. Since the merger of Heat Software and LANDESK to form Ivanti back in January 2017, the Goldmine Product Downloads site has moved from the HEAT Self Service portal to the new Ivanti community.
Please contact our support department for more information - support at wizard hyphen systems dot com.
What’s Fixed in GoldMine 2017.1 HF1a
GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.384 / GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.484
253026 Privilege errors when the Outlook Link is installed although both applications are started as the same user. with the new Outlook Link
253121 Since upgrading to HF1 of the GM Link, An exception is thrown when new emails are auto-linked where this is a Link Exclusion set.
Please contact Wizard Systems for more information.
What’s Changed in GoldMine 2017.1 HF1 GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.377 / GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.483
- The Custom Screens section within a contact record detail will now display all fields for the selected Custom Screen. The “show more” and “show less” links have been removed.
- Selecting/Clicking any area within the graphical calendar in the ACTIVITIES page will open the schedule activity view with “Appointment” as the default activity type instead of “Call”.
- Untimed activities in the “My Activities” section within the HOME page will now display the placeholder “no time”.
- A white spacer has been included between the “Recent Opportunities” and “Recent Cases” sections within the HOME page when either or both of these sections are expanded.
What’s Fixed in GoldMine 2017.1 HF1 GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.377 / GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.483
Issue number and description…..
156252 Duplicate screen tab names appear when you customize the screen tab names
165979 Cursor not visible in Reference when scheduling activity with IE 9-11 installed
206519 After creating custom tabs, then moving the position of the custom tab, the tab list then duplicates the custom tabs created
215271 When replying to an email, inline images do not show in the reply, the email is changed to content type: css/text
223775 After setting the encoding for sending mail in GoldMine, Exchange shows the proper name of the retrieved email as =?iso 8859-1?B?MQ==?=
230409 Set filter on a tab with a lot of records (e.g. History by Contact), then sort the results by Date will result in a blank window as no record 'match' the criteria
232562 When a contact name has an apostrophe and several e-mail addresses are linked to this contact record trying to add the contact as further recipient to an email will automatically take all related email addresses instead of offering the selection dialog box
234347 Setting custom filters on any grids for example History tab and Pending tab (most likely for many other grids too) for blank values will result in inconsistent and wrong results
237160 Grid filters in Pending/History tab (most likely every where grid filters can be set) will not work consistently when the filter value has an ' (apostrophe)
239832 Image attachments in emails sent from iOS devices adds what appears to be header information to the attachment extension when downloaded into GoldMine
238991 When the message ID contains an apostrophe the email will be downloaded over and over again (Fixed apostrophe, but some other characters might cause the issue
240605 When manually copying an Outlook email to GoldMine from within E-Mail Center, the special characters are changed and corrupted
246648 API Assistance request - customer getting error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object on inserting data and retrieving data via API
249609 Follow-up on RM 214724 - In certain cases - customer recognized only on replies - German characters are still destroyed
250662 Unable to login to Constant Contact via GoldMine to setup or create new Campaigns
252928 Error editing or viewing activities in GM WEB: "server error: error in activity controller action: get activity F2 metadata"
252667 GMWEB - Revoked Opportunities, Activities or Calendar rights will remove tabs in GoldMine Web (ACTIVITIES, OPPORTUNITIES, CASES) but the Home Dashboard shows still My Activities, Recent Opportunities/Cases
252773 Even if the "Save attachments as linked documents" setting is unchecked, the new GoldMine Link for Outlook NOT honoring the setting in Tools>Options>E-Mail>More Options>Retrieval.
252777 A newer version of Microsoft Outlook is needed for the plug-in to be installed. The GoldMine Link for Microsoft Outlook will not be installed"
For more information on how to get hold of the latest version of GoldMine, please contact Wizard Systems....
We're often asked the difference and here is a run down in detail between version 2014 and 2016..
What's New in GoldMine 2014.1
GoldMine Premium Edition now includes an integration with Google Apps. This integration provides bidirectional synchronization between your Google Apps calendar and your GoldMine Calendar. Standalone Gmail accounts are not supported at this time.
Changes to Goldmine Mobile have been excluded from this document/1. This is a different Product to GoldMine Web and has now been withdrawn.
What's New in GoldMine 2014.2
• If the GoldMine system directory and/or SQL Server are not available when logging into Outlook with GoldMine Plus for Outlook installed and enabled, the user will receive a message ‘GoldMine is not available. GoldMine Plus could not be connected.’ If SQL Server becomes available, the user can manually connect without restarting Outlook. If the system directory becomes available, Outlook must be restarted to connect.
Access GoldMine data in real time via a web browser with GoldMine Web. GoldMine Web provides basic contact management functionality and a new user interface. No local installation and no additional license are required for GoldMine Web. A concurrent GoldMine Premium license is used by each active GoldMine Web session.
• View and order a list of contact records
• Search for desired contacts by Contact or Company
• Create new Contact records
• Drill down on a selected Contact to view, add, or update:
o Basic primary field data
o Custom screens field data
o Additional Contacts
• View and edit History activities from the Contact record
• View, schedule, edit and complete Pending activities from the Contact record or the Activities page.
• View Pending Activities in a weekly list and graphical calendar
o View activities for yourself or a selected user
o Filter activities by type
• Supported activity types:
o Actions scheduled in Web appear as Other Actions in GoldMine Premium
o Actions scheduled in GoldMine Premium as Next Actions retain this activity type if updated in GoldMine Web
o Events scheduled in GoldMine Web with All Day checked appear as Events in GoldMine Premium
o Events scheduled in GoldMine Web with a Start and End time appear as Appointments in GoldMine Premium
o Events and appointments scheduled in GoldMine Premium retain the appropriate activity type if updated in GoldMine Web
o Forecasted Sales
• When viewing timed activities on the Contact Record Pending or History tab or on the Activities list or calendar, the time zone for the local browser is respected. For All Day events or for dates in custom fields, the date from the server is respected.
• The GoldMine Messaging Service can be configured to send activity notifications (alarms) that include a link to open the activity in GoldMine Web or Mobile.
• Users of GoldMine Web can complete an unscheduled activity from the contact list or contact record. A Create History (checkmark) icon is available with the Schedule and Forecast Sale icons. This allows a user to add a completed Call, Action, or Event directly to History without first scheduling the activity.
• The locations of the Code and Result fields have been swapped in the Complete activity window in GoldMine Web.
• View sent and filed linked History emails from a Contact record
• View and fast file linked Pending emails from a Contact record
• View and fast file linked and unlinked Pending emails from the Activities page
• Select to reply, reply all, or forward an email viewed in GoldMine Web to open the designated email client with a limited amount of the original message available.
• Clicking an email address link in GoldMine Web will open a new message in the user’s designated email client.
• With minimal configuration, a user’s emails can be retrieved into the GoldMine database while the user is logged into GoldMine Web.
What's New in GoldMine 2015.1
Main Functionality added since GoldMine 2014.2 release
• Contact name on Contact list is a link to the Contact record. Left click to open in current window; right click to
select to open in new tab/window.
• Fields on custom screens in Contact record are ordered by tab position set in GoldMine Premium.
• A Create History (checkmark) icon is available on the Contact list and record to allow users to add a completed
call, action, or event directly to History without first scheduling the activity.
• Opportunities section is available on Contact record
An Add link is available for creation of new Opportunities.
Active Opportunities are displayed before completed Opportunities.
Opportunities are further ordered by most recent start date, then by most recent create date.
• In addition to Week view, Activities page now includes Day and Month views.
• Activities scheduled for multiple contacts will display as a single activity with multiple attendees instead of as one
activity per contact on Activities page.
• Activities list Contact name is a link to Contact record. Left click to open in current window; right click to select to
open in new tab/window.
• Link activities and emails to Opportunities, Projects, and Cases by selecting from dropdown in edit mode.
• Completed Forecast Sales linked to an Opportunity cannot be edited in Goldmine Web.
• Opportunities can be created from Contact record Opportunities section.
A linked Forecast Sale is always created when creating a new Opportunity. This Forecast Sale can be
viewed from the Contact record pending section or the Activities page list.
New or active Opportunities can only be set to an active status. It is not possible to set an open Opportunity to Won, Lost, or Abandoned.
• An Opportunities list is available.
Select to view by Opportunity Manager and/or Status.
Sort Opportunities ascending or descending from column headers. A secondary sort by Company name
ascending is automatically applied.
Opportunity name is link to Opportunity record. Left click to open in current window; right click to select
to open in new tab/window.
Company name is link to Contact record. Left click to open in current window; right click to select to
open in new tab/window.
Active Opportunities can be opened for updating by clicking Edit icon
What's New in GoldMine 2015.2
Main Functionality added since GoldMine 2015.1 release.
• Windows 10 compatibility
• Microsoft Office 2016 compatibility
• Add and access Links from Cloud storage
• GoldMine Plus for Microsoft Outlook has been refactored for enhanced main
limiting connection concurrency. See KM 22121 for further information.
• GoldMine Web has a new responsive layout that is touch-sensitive and provides easy navigation to key elements.
You can now access GoldMine functionality from a web browser on desktops, tablets or smart phones. Whether
working in the office, in the field, or at home, users can access GoldMine Web to add, view, or edit contact data
and to schedule, update, or complete activities and opportunities. Our modern design is similar across all supported platforms and browsers so users are able to work efficiently no matter their location or method of
• Click to dial for Primary or Additional Contact phone fields and custom phone fields where name begins UPHONE
• Links section
View and open Links added to a contact record in PE
Protected links are not displayed
• Filter Pending and History sections by activity type and user
• Additional Contacts – click to send email via default mail client
• Complete Activity from Activity List
• View and Complete Pending Opportunity tasks
• Add Opportunity from main menu
• View associated Pending, History, and Tasks on an Opportunity record
• Complete Pending activities and Tasks from an Opportunity name
• Search for Opportunity by name
• View/download Email attachments
What's New in GoldMine 2016.1
Main Functionality added since GoldMine 2015.2 release
Cases / Opportunities
• A Cases list is available from the navigation bar or menu. By default the list is filtered to Open Cases for the logged in User. A User can select to view Cases with a different Status or Owner or view all Cases. The Cases list can be sorted by the available columns – Case Number, Type, Subject, Company, Priority, Status, Deadline, or Owner.
• Cases are also available from the new Cases section on the Contact record. From the Cases section, the user can click the View All link to see the Cases List filtered to Cases for the selected Contact.
• Select a Case from the list or section to view or edit information about the Case.
• A Case can be Reassigned or Escalated and an email notification can be sent to the Owner. A Case can be Resolved or Abandoned and an email notification can be sent to the Contact.
• More information is available in Knowledge article 23544. Login at https://support.heatsoftware.com/.
• When searching for Cases or Opportunities in GoldMine Web, default results are Status: All and Owner: All
• By clicking the Refine link on the Contacts page, a User can search based on desired criteria for selected default and custom fields seen in GoldMine Web. A User can select fields from the main Contact record fields (the first section of a Contact Record) or from Custom screens (the second section of the Contact Record). A User can select a search operator from a defined list. A desired value can be entered or selected from a list or calendar.
A search can be done on a single field or more fields can be added by selecting the plus icon. When the Apply, button is selected, the Contact List is updated to show only Contacts that meet all of the selected criteria.
• Filters or Groups created in GoldMine Premium can be selected in the Refine section or overlay to limit the Contact List to only Contacts belonging to the Filter or Group. Search criteria can be applied to the selected Filter or Group to further limit the list of Contacts.
• More information is available in Knowledge article 23545. Login at https://support.heatsoftware.com/.
• When a search for Contacts is done from the Search Bar or the Attendee finder for Activities, the user can select
Contacts or Additional Contacts to view a list of results matching the value entered.
• From the Additional Contacts search results list, the User can view and sort by Additional Contact, Company,
Email address, Phone, and Primary Contact. The user can also schedule an activity for the Additional Contact
using the Action icons.
• Additional Contacts can be selected from the Attendee finder when scheduling or completing activities. More information is available in Knowledge article 23546. Login at https://support.heatsoftware.com/.
• A map pin icon is available on Contact records to open Google Maps with search done for the contact’s address.
• A notification is displayed if the User is accessing a Contact Set that is in a database different from GoldMine Base tables.
• Back to results link on Contact record returns user to Contact List on same page, with same filter, and with same order as when Contact was selected.
• Opportunity records have a responsive layout.
• Add History option now available from menu.
Users can access option to add a call, action, or appointment to history from the global menu without first scheduling the activity.
• Email rule actions ‘File’ and ‘File To’ configured in GoldMine Premium are respected when email is retrieved during GoldMine Web login.
• When completing an activity in GoldMine Web, the option to schedule a follow up activity is available. Selecting the option will open the Schedule overlay for the same activity type as just completed. Options for scheduling a follow-up by default and carrying over completion notes will be respected in a future release.
• GoldMine Web Activities page graphical calendar is hidden by default on small screens. Select the
to display or hide the calendar.
• GoldMine Web Activities page Tasks and To-Dos are collapsed by default for all screen sizes.
• Activity type “Event” is now labeled “Appointment”
All Appointments and Events are labeled Appointment in GoldMine Web. This does not impact the label, activity type or reporting in GoldMine Premium.
If an Appointment is scheduled or completed with a start and end date and time in GoldMine Web, it is treated as an Appointment in GoldMine Premium
If an Appointment is scheduled or completed for All day in GoldMine Web, it is treated as an Event in GoldMine Premium
NOTE: Clear browser cache after upgrade to see this change
• For new installs of GoldMine Connect or re-installs where the GMMobileAppPool does not exist in IIS, the Application Pool timeout setting is now set to 30 minutes by default.
• The GoldMine Administrator can control the default values for Date and Time or User in the Complete Activity
window by inserting entries into the ENVIRONMENT table
• Settings are per system; when added the setting applies for all users of current system.
• Settings do not sync; apply separately for Sites and Undocked users.
• Settings are applied per activity type:
Appointment –A, Event –E, Call –C, Next Action –T, Other Action –O, Sale –S
• Detailed information regarding adding settings is available in the Knowledgebase. Login at
• KM 21915 > useOriginalDateInComplete
Default Date/Time when completing non-recurring or single instance of a recurring activity
• KM 21916 > useOriginalUserInComplete
Default User when completing non-recurring or single instance of a recurring activity
• KM 21944 > useOriginalDateCompleteRecurrence
Default Date/Time when completing all Pending instances of a recurring activity
• KM 22468 > useOriginalUserCompleteRecurrence
Default User when completing all Pending instances of a recurring activity or default date/time
and user when completing multi-user and/or multi-contact activity
• GoldMine Plus for Microsoft Outlook has been refactored for enhanced maintainability and predictability by limiting connection concurrency. See KM 22121 for further information. Login at
For information on how to get GoldMine Upgrades, please contact Wizard Systems.
New GoldMine Knowledgebase articles for March 2017 at https://support.heatsoftware.com/
27142 Information GoldMine Plus for Microsoft Outlook has fired an exception error message when opening the Calendar in Outlook
27116 Issue When trying to open the URL for GMConnect you encounter the following error 'Sorry an error has occurred while processing your request'
27114 Information GoldMine Web (GMWEB) - Server Error - Error, Failed to get contact list when opening a record in GMWeb
27129 How To Is it possible to create a forecast Sale for several records all at once (en mass)?
27092 Issue User need to change GoldMine Plus for Microsoft Outlook / Outlook Integration reconfigured or Options changed but the Read GoldMine Settings and settings on Options tab are greyed out
27074 How To How to switch the default listing on the contact window from Company to Contact or vice versa
27058 Information Chronic Errors for GoldMine Plus for Microsoft Office components which seem not to be resolved with any troubleshooting suggestions
25162 Issue When attempting to open some linked documents using GoldMine Web the following error happens -
We are sorry. Something has gone wrong, the page you have requested cannot be found - value of the property 'mode' cannot be parsed
26870 Issue All linked email addresses on a contact record will not appear to select when composing an email if an email address contain a special character
26707 How To SQL Express 2014 was installed on a machine but not with advanced services; is it possible to add advanced services to an existing install of SQL Express so that Universal Search can be used?
26878 Issue System Hangs when Cautionary Notification window appears when trying to schedule an activity
21398 Information What sort of data does the GSLog Table hold?
26713 How To Outlook addin showing error "GoldMine Plus for Microsoft Outlook has been disconnected because GoldMine was unable to connect to the database.
26805 How To To reconnect after the database is available, click the connect to GoldMine button on the toolbar"
Here's a list of recent articles.
19782 - With which TAPI version is GoldMine Premium Edition compatible? TAPI 1.x, TAPI 2.x or TAPI 3.x?
25504 - Is it possible to merge two records together?
25647 - Schedule > GoldMine Email causes the error The Email Address of the recipient of this message is currently
assigned to a different contact record than the one to which this message is linked
26575 - Cannot see previously stored SQL Queries
26629 - Getting a pop-up error when performing certain actions in GoldMine - GoldMine Database operation error:
The transaction ended in the trigger. The batch has been aborted.
26636 - What is the LastEmail= setting in the GoldSync.ini used for?
26637 - How to find the IMAP folder structure via Microsoft Outlook for example for GoldMine Connect Settings for sent emails?
26811 - Create a contact record when linking an email from Microsoft Outlook to GoldMine creates a duplicate record without
warning when having Create Relationship when a Company match is found and the duplicate check is set to Company only.
26826 - One user is randomly getting error: "Unable to add process to tree control."
26851 - Toolbar > Drop Down > Add or Remove Buttons > Standard > Reset Toolbar (and other available entries) are not available ,
but shows a blank small box
26852 - After upgrading GoldMine with a license change the Synchronization states an error Invalid Serial Number although the Site
was relicensed correctly. This happens only with the GoldSync Service
26888 - Users may experience a performance delay up to several seconds in the E-mail Center when they are navigating from one
Email to the next Email in the list of Emails
26889 - Toggle Sync Contact option in order to improve performance in certain areas
26901 - GoldMine Application Error: Faulting module name: MSVCR80.dll
26951 - When I pick up an email on my mobile device and immediately delete it, will it still be picked up in GoldMine Web or GoldMine?
New Knowledgebase articles for January 2017
15998 - Useful SQL Queries regarding E-mails and Messages related - within GoldMine
26215 - Want to be able to scroll through my contact records and have it scroll based on company name NOT contact.
How do I do this?
26388 - setup a new group from the Contact Search Center?
26509 - When I try the Net update from Help>Update GoldMine, I get the following error: the file signature for GMNU32.DLL is wrong!
26516 - How do I get the contact associated to the email to show up in the background when I click on an email in the inbox?
26574 - Need to know - carry over completion notes automatically when I'm creating a new activity based while completing another.
26575 - Cannot see previously stored SQL Queries
26579 GoldMine Corporate Edition - Manually Install the Outlook Add-in (GISMO) for GoldMine Corporate Edition (GMCE)
26599 - Output to Excel from the Contact Search Center shows the following error -
"We have detected a newer version of Office installed on your device." after upgrading to Office 2016
26602 - Error when Output of data to Excel: "Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough
available memory or disk space."
26611 - I never used to be able to see weekends or non-defined workdays on my calendar; but now I can. How do I change this?
26621 - Get the following error when trying to rehost dbase data into GMPE: [Microsoft][ODBC dBase Driver] Index file not found.
26629 - Getting a pop-up error when performing certain actions in GoldMine - GoldMine Database operation error:
The transaction ended in the trigger. The batch has been aborted.
26637 - find the IMAP folder structure via Microsoft Outlook for example for GoldMine Connect Settings for sent emails?
26642 - Output to Excel - "Microsoft Excel cannot open or save any more documents because there is not enough available memory
or disk space."
26644 - Which characters are not used in the GoldMine Account Number ACCOUNTNO fields?
Please contact Wizard Systems on how you might access these articles.
Our webinar tomorrow will feature how to handle duplicate records in GoldMine - prevention and cure. Examples will be given and there's plenty of chances to ask questions.
This webinar is on Tuesday 21st March at 10am UK time.
This webinar is free to all GoldMine Users. Plus there will be an update on GoldMine news.
Please register first ...