Here's the latest GoldMine Compatibility Matrix (in a PDF format). Important information if you are installing the latest version of GoldMine, upgrading GoldMine or upgrading any other related application or Operating System.
What’s Fixed in GoldMine 2017.1 HF3
GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.422/ GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.504
Issue and Description
253262 Unable to set the GMGoogleSync configuration, error when trying to access
http://localhost/goldmine/configuration - Server error in ‘. Goldmine/Configuration'
253430 If a non-master user has the option 'Add New' unchecked under the Access Tab of Tools>User's
Settings>Properties, they won't be able to edit a contact record in GMWeb even if they are the
owner of the contact record
253476 Outlook Link - When Searching for contacts clicking on the found name will usually
immediately open GoldMine, this is inconvenient and there should be rather a double click
253496 Outlook Link - Having a Hyperlink for View Contact only on the value and not complete row
when Searching for a contact record
253292 Clone a primary field view in Record Types Admin. Whatever name is chosen brings up a 'this
name is already in use' error.
253836 Special characters (e.g. French) will be destroyed when saving an email template >> also when
sending such an email to a contact the special characters are gone
254172 Change default action when linking an email to a different contact, currently default option is
"YES" preferred and least destructive should have NO as the default response.
254487 GMweb hangs on the landing page and when opening a Conatct record for an extended period
of time before showing results
To get access to GoldMine Upgrades you will need a current GoldMine Maintenance Contract. Please contact Wizard Systems for details.
What’s Fixed in GoldMine 2017.1 HF2
GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.403 / GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.495
Issue number and description
217215 Replying to email with an apostrophe and a comma in the alias will cause an error that the email address is not linked.
230812 Setting a filter (not grid filter but via Options) on a tab with a lot of records (e.g. with a certain reference) and scrolling down to get more results the existing results will be visually duplicated over and over again …
232875 Constant Contact campaigns show occasionally duplicated in Campaigns grid >> this can happen when 2 different users are logging into the same Constant Contact account but also in other instances
247237 "Save as Group" feature within the Contact Search Center allows curtained records to be added to a group.
247469 Build a group contains unexpectedly also curtained contact records - group building does not respect record ownership and curtaining.
247943 Expanded notes windows appears when the Activity related fields (for example CAL->Ref or CONTHIST->RESULTCODE) have a Context-dependant F2 Lookup and you try and open the specific field from an activity.
252893 Provide better logging or the information about possible HRESULT exception meanings as they cannot be identified via Google.
253146 Unable to open Email attachments from Pending Email (Email in the GoldMine Inbox).
253173 GMWEB - An error has occurred on the server. Please contact your system administrator when clicking the Refine button for an advanced search
253181 GMWEB - An error has occurred on the server. Please contact your system administrator when clicking the Refine button for an advanced search
For more information on how to get a GoldMine upgrade, please contact Wizard Systems.
Effective July 31, 2017, the GoldMine Product Downloads@ site has moved. Since the merger of Heat Software and LANDESK to form Ivanti back in January 2017, the Goldmine Product Downloads site has moved from the HEAT Self Service portal to the new Ivanti community.
Please contact our support department for more information - support at wizard hyphen systems dot com.
What’s Fixed in GoldMine 2017.1 HF1a
GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.384 / GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.484
253026 Privilege errors when the Outlook Link is installed although both applications are started as the same user. with the new Outlook Link
253121 Since upgrading to HF1 of the GM Link, An exception is thrown when new emails are auto-linked where this is a Link Exclusion set.
Please contact Wizard Systems for more information.
What’s Changed in GoldMine 2017.1 HF1 GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.377 / GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.483
- The Custom Screens section within a contact record detail will now display all fields for the selected Custom Screen. The “show more” and “show less” links have been removed.
- Selecting/Clicking any area within the graphical calendar in the ACTIVITIES page will open the schedule activity view with “Appointment” as the default activity type instead of “Call”.
- Untimed activities in the “My Activities” section within the HOME page will now display the placeholder “no time”.
- A white spacer has been included between the “Recent Opportunities” and “Recent Cases” sections within the HOME page when either or both of these sections are expanded.
What’s Fixed in GoldMine 2017.1 HF1 GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.377 / GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.483
Issue number and description…..
156252 Duplicate screen tab names appear when you customize the screen tab names
165979 Cursor not visible in Reference when scheduling activity with IE 9-11 installed
206519 After creating custom tabs, then moving the position of the custom tab, the tab list then duplicates the custom tabs created
215271 When replying to an email, inline images do not show in the reply, the email is changed to content type: css/text
223775 After setting the encoding for sending mail in GoldMine, Exchange shows the proper name of the retrieved email as =?iso 8859-1?B?MQ==?=
230409 Set filter on a tab with a lot of records (e.g. History by Contact), then sort the results by Date will result in a blank window as no record 'match' the criteria
232562 When a contact name has an apostrophe and several e-mail addresses are linked to this contact record trying to add the contact as further recipient to an email will automatically take all related email addresses instead of offering the selection dialog box
234347 Setting custom filters on any grids for example History tab and Pending tab (most likely for many other grids too) for blank values will result in inconsistent and wrong results
237160 Grid filters in Pending/History tab (most likely every where grid filters can be set) will not work consistently when the filter value has an ' (apostrophe)
239832 Image attachments in emails sent from iOS devices adds what appears to be header information to the attachment extension when downloaded into GoldMine
238991 When the message ID contains an apostrophe the email will be downloaded over and over again (Fixed apostrophe, but some other characters might cause the issue
240605 When manually copying an Outlook email to GoldMine from within E-Mail Center, the special characters are changed and corrupted
246648 API Assistance request - customer getting error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object on inserting data and retrieving data via API
249609 Follow-up on RM 214724 - In certain cases - customer recognized only on replies - German characters are still destroyed
250662 Unable to login to Constant Contact via GoldMine to setup or create new Campaigns
252928 Error editing or viewing activities in GM WEB: "server error: error in activity controller action: get activity F2 metadata"
252667 GMWEB - Revoked Opportunities, Activities or Calendar rights will remove tabs in GoldMine Web (ACTIVITIES, OPPORTUNITIES, CASES) but the Home Dashboard shows still My Activities, Recent Opportunities/Cases
252773 Even if the "Save attachments as linked documents" setting is unchecked, the new GoldMine Link for Outlook NOT honoring the setting in Tools>Options>E-Mail>More Options>Retrieval.
252777 A newer version of Microsoft Outlook is needed for the plug-in to be installed. The GoldMine Link for Microsoft Outlook will not be installed"
For more information on how to get hold of the latest version of GoldMine, please contact Wizard Systems....
The latest release of GoldMine, 2017.1, comes with a new Outlook link. Here are the instructions:
For more information on how to get a GoldMine upgrade, please contact Wizard Systems.
We are pleased to now announce availability of the latest version of GoldMine - 2017.1.
Below is comprehensive information on what’s new in GoldMine 2017.1 GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.328 / GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.460 and all functionalities that have been added after GoldMine 2016.1, including any added in all 2016.1 Hot Fixes.
Please contact Wizard Systems on 01454 316800 or email us for more information on how to get this upgrade.
A new default landing page after logging in with the following sections:
● Displays a snapshot of upcoming timed activities, starting from the time at which the user is logged into web.
● Select the "Go to Activities" to view more activities on the existing Activities page.
My Pending Emails
● Displays a snapshot of pending emails.
● Select the "View More" to view more emails in a new My Pending Emails page.
● Displays a snapshot of recently viewed contacts.
● Displays a snapshot of recently viewed opportunities.
● Displays a snapshot of recently viewed cases.
My Pending Emails
A new page containing a tabular view of pending emails for the logged in user.
● Accessed from either the “My Pending Emails” section in the Home page or through the global menu at the top right of the browser, next to the GoldMine User ID.
● The Pending and History activities associated with a case are accessible from the detailed view of a Case.
● View and create Notes - both “Case Notes” and “Resolution Notes” (PE equivalent of the notes in the “Notes” and “Resolution” tabs).
● From the detailed view of a Contact record, users can now add a linked document stored in a cloud drive (eg. One Drive, Dropbox or Box etc) or shared network path to a contact by including a valid URL or UNC path to a shared drive.
● Schedule a follow-up activity when completing an activity. Notes and other information are carried over to the follow up activity.
● User-specific settings that are applicable to GoldMine Web within the “Access” and “Menu” tabs in PE’s Tools → Users’ SeEngs… → <USER> are now reﬂected on web.
● Contact record curtaining and ownership specified in PE are observed on web.
● F2 look-up validation settings in PE are observed for Pending and History activities on web.
● "Back to results" link added to the Opportunity details and Case details pages.
● A “View All” link has been added to the Opportunities section in the detailed view of a Contact record.
GoldMine Link for Microsoft Outlook - A new Outlook add-in for linking email messages to GoldMine contacts.
Link Email / Unlink Email
● The “Link Email” button in the toolbar enables the user to link email messages, search a contact, or create a contact.
■ If the email address matches a GoldMine contact, it will be suggested.
■ Use “Search GoldMine” to search for a contact in GoldMine to link email messages. ■ Use “Create Contact” to create a new contact in GoldMine and link the email messages.
● When an email message is linked, it will be filed to the contact’s History tab.
View Contact in GoldMine
● The “View in GoldMine” button in the toolbar enables viewing the contact in GoldMine.
● The “Settings” toolbar button enables the user to set up or update GoldMine Link, enable/disable automatic linking, configure Outlook folders, specify linking exclusions and set up Outlook synchronization.
● Settings for each user may also be configured from PE by a master user by going to Tools → Configure → GoldMine Link Outlook SeEngs…
● Select the “Start/Stop Sync” button in the toolbar to start or stop Outlook synchronization with GoldMine.
● The GoldMine address book is added to the list of “Other Address Book Types” in Outlook upon installation of GoldMine Link.
Environment Table Settings
● A new flag - “forceUTF8ForOutgoingEmail” - for enabling the use the charset “UTF-8” when sending emails through the Email Center. This flag takes a value of “0” or “1”. When set to “1”, the charset used for sending emails will be “UTF-8”. It does not matter what charset is specified in PE.
● The TLog query for synchronization has been refactored and optimized for performance improvements in release 2017.1. A new flag - “UseOptimizedCalDefTLogsQuery” - is introduced to enable GoldMine administrators to turn off this optimization, if needed. This flag can be set to “0” to turn off the TLog query optimization.
What’s Changed in GoldMine 2017.1
GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.328 / GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.460 Changes made after GoldMine 2016.1, including the changes from all 2016.1 Hot Fixes.
● The Contacts, Opportunities and Cases lists for mid- to small- sized screens are mobile responsive. These lists are now displayed in a card format rather than tabular format for these screens.
● The “Activities” page graphical calendar is hidden by default on small screens. Select the calendar icon to display or hide the calendar.
● The “Activities” page Tasks and To-Dos are collapsed by default for all screen sizes.
● When searching for Cases or Opportunities, the default result of the search is Status: All and Owner: All.
● The Contact record “Cases” section displays all Cases for the selected Contact. ● All links to GoldMine Mobile will now be redirected to GoldMine Web.
GoldMine Premium Edition
● "Include items from the local windows index” and “Include items from remote Windows index” in Universal Search’s “Documents” tab are now disabled by default.
Below is what’s fixed in GoldMine 2017.1 GoldMine Premium 2017.1.0.328 / GoldMine Connect 2017.1.0.460 Issues that were addressed after GoldMine 2016.1. Issues fixed in all 2016.1 Hot Fixes are also included.
205910 Create email on GoldMine internal user on Project's team tab does not create internal email to User but instead creates email to Project's primary contact.
214724 French, German and also Danish characters corrupt in the email header when downloaded into
the GoldMine inbox - displays fine online.
213683 Zoom or any interactivity with GM+View Google Maps or Google Directions does not work on IE 10 or IE 11 but works in IE 9 or IE 8.
219439 Google Maps and Google Directions GM+View appear always with message at the top 'It looks like you have enabled Internet Explorer Compatibility View. Google Maps will not work correctly unless this is turned off. Learn how to do this'.
222313 Body of e-mail flickers when replying to an e-mail with certain content - When replying to a HTML formatted email that contains external images, the cursor repeatedly flashes, alternating between the hour glass and pointer.
223091 Linkedin GM+ View displays incorrectly formatted as the first search result is obscured by the menu items on the webpage.
231331 When creating a recurring activity and editing the start date after creating the recurring series, if not clicking the recurring tab the last date of the recurring series drops off.
232659 GoldMine - Outlook Synchronization will loose/destroy after several changes and synchronizations back and forth German special characters.
233236 (GMWEB) Removing Edit Tab Folders right for a user, makes the user unable to complete activities in GoldMine Web >> Contact's Pending area while this is possible in GMPE on the Contact's Pending tab.
233256 When using Google Maps and Google Directions GM+View a message appears - You seem to be using an unsupported browser. This even re-appears when setting Google Maps to full instead of lite mode.
234712 GMWEB - Calendar date display is not available when first make browser windows smaller and then maximize view again.
234850 [GMWEB] Feature request - Add the schedule a Follow-up option to GoldMine Web.
235067 [GMWEB] Calendar loading with spinning wheel when the user has a lot of pending activities for the specific time frame scheduled >> this makes the activity list on the ACTIVITIES page not responsive, scroll may or may not work appears to hang in the list.
235387 GM+Views for LinkedIn templates are distorted, scrambled, fields are overlapping and there is a lot of white space on the left and right, maybe even message, looks like you're using a browser that's not supported although IE 11 is installed and used.
235709 Cross validated/context depending F2 lookups on OPMGR table: F2 values different in Opportunity's/Project's detail vs. Opportunity's/Project's properties view. Properties view shows no values as it looks for ' ' instead of set values.
235847 Emails (either with certain encoding or from certain mailserver, mailclients) will destroy Special characters (for example GERMAN or FRENCH) within the body - initially reported for PLAIN but also for HTML.
238799 Query times out or sync takes ages when a lot of users are in a GoldMine database, and / or filtered sync settings are used - offending query part seems to be C.USERID IN
239349 [GMWEB] When using forced valid input for the STATE F2 Lookup entry that contains comments in format value // comment the entry will not show as valid input in.
240297 (GMWEB) - Discrepancy between security settings in GoldMine Premium Edition and GoldMine Web - e.g. Menu restrictions - Schedule and Complete is not respected in GMWEB, Access restriction Edit Tab folders is only partly respected - GMPE disallows to change.
240618 Google Apps Sync Configuration documentation is outdated and Google Apps has changed many areas and topics - even when trying to document never connects sucessfully.
241625 (GMWEB) - Responsiveness of Contact list - users on devices may need to know that they can scroll to the right in order to see Phone number - Request for making the list responsive too.
241704 GoldMine column in Outlook no longer shows any box or check mark after upgrading to GMPE 2016.1.
245599 When a different user completes a recurring single user Activity scheduled for a different user, the completing user is taken over even with the variable added to the Environment table.
245747 Change Request - Change of the Pop-Up message “Are you sure you want to delete all selected alarms?” as this deletes the related activities and not only alarms as the message lets assume.
245827 (GMWEB) Unable to set a date older than today when Adding a history item in GoldMine Web after upgrading to GMPE/GM Connect 2016.1 GA release.
245885 The operation cannot be performed because the message has been changed when manually linking while creating an email in Outlook and then try to send.
246048 Sent Email won't link from Outlook to GoldMine when using the option "Link To: Additional Contact".
246294 Randomly on new contacts created by web import, the AP creates the activity and or history item but does not link it to the new contact.
246404 GMWEB - The Total and Forecast Column in OPPORTUNITIES list is to small and needs be extended.
246648 API Assistance request - customer getting error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object on inserting data and retrieving data via API
246998 Emails sent via GMPE do not include charset in heading if nothing is specified in Tools > Options > Email > More Options > Composing causing decoding to fail.
247471 GMWEB - Email address on partially curtained records visible in the Contact list or Search list in GMWEB.
247588 GMWEB - JSON error when opening ACTIVITIES page - Server Error Cannot deserialize JSON request input parameters.
249075 Google changed the name of Google Apps to G Suite - references in the application should be changed as this is an official product name.
249148 Compatibility Testing with Microsoft Windows Server 2016.
249326 Error: Unable to create PDA transfer set when using Outlook Sync with any kind of filter set - Outlook Sync is not possible at all.
250162 Special characters destroyed when downloading emails (similar to RM 235847 and/or 246998)
250721 [GMWEB] Forced valid input for Reference field is not forced when Scheduling or Completing activities.
250756 Ability to have by default the setting "Include items from the local windows index” under Universal Search > Options > Documents tab" disabled by default.
251497 Creation transfer sets when selecting no users (or only specific) and a sync filter is set - An error occurred while creating the transfer set. for gathering TLOGS for CALDEF.
252213 Wrong / outdated link on Record Type HTML Information screen - Welcome to GoldMine's Record Types Administration Center! - Partner locator points to Frontrange.com web site and is not correctly redirected - The requested page cannot be found.
For more information on how to access the latest version of GoldMine, please contact Wizard Systems.
We're often asked the difference and here is a run down in detail between version 2014 and 2016..
What's New in GoldMine 2014.1
GoldMine Premium Edition now includes an integration with Google Apps. This integration provides bidirectional synchronization between your Google Apps calendar and your GoldMine Calendar. Standalone Gmail accounts are not supported at this time.
Changes to Goldmine Mobile have been excluded from this document/1. This is a different Product to GoldMine Web and has now been withdrawn.
What's New in GoldMine 2014.2
• If the GoldMine system directory and/or SQL Server are not available when logging into Outlook with GoldMine Plus for Outlook installed and enabled, the user will receive a message ‘GoldMine is not available. GoldMine Plus could not be connected.’ If SQL Server becomes available, the user can manually connect without restarting Outlook. If the system directory becomes available, Outlook must be restarted to connect.
Access GoldMine data in real time via a web browser with GoldMine Web. GoldMine Web provides basic contact management functionality and a new user interface. No local installation and no additional license are required for GoldMine Web. A concurrent GoldMine Premium license is used by each active GoldMine Web session.
• View and order a list of contact records
• Search for desired contacts by Contact or Company
• Create new Contact records
• Drill down on a selected Contact to view, add, or update:
o Basic primary field data
o Custom screens field data
o Additional Contacts
• View and edit History activities from the Contact record
• View, schedule, edit and complete Pending activities from the Contact record or the Activities page.
• View Pending Activities in a weekly list and graphical calendar
o View activities for yourself or a selected user
o Filter activities by type
• Supported activity types:
o Actions scheduled in Web appear as Other Actions in GoldMine Premium
o Actions scheduled in GoldMine Premium as Next Actions retain this activity type if updated in GoldMine Web
o Events scheduled in GoldMine Web with All Day checked appear as Events in GoldMine Premium
o Events scheduled in GoldMine Web with a Start and End time appear as Appointments in GoldMine Premium
o Events and appointments scheduled in GoldMine Premium retain the appropriate activity type if updated in GoldMine Web
o Forecasted Sales
• When viewing timed activities on the Contact Record Pending or History tab or on the Activities list or calendar, the time zone for the local browser is respected. For All Day events or for dates in custom fields, the date from the server is respected.
• The GoldMine Messaging Service can be configured to send activity notifications (alarms) that include a link to open the activity in GoldMine Web or Mobile.
• Users of GoldMine Web can complete an unscheduled activity from the contact list or contact record. A Create History (checkmark) icon is available with the Schedule and Forecast Sale icons. This allows a user to add a completed Call, Action, or Event directly to History without first scheduling the activity.
• The locations of the Code and Result fields have been swapped in the Complete activity window in GoldMine Web.
• View sent and filed linked History emails from a Contact record
• View and fast file linked Pending emails from a Contact record
• View and fast file linked and unlinked Pending emails from the Activities page
• Select to reply, reply all, or forward an email viewed in GoldMine Web to open the designated email client with a limited amount of the original message available.
• Clicking an email address link in GoldMine Web will open a new message in the user’s designated email client.
• With minimal configuration, a user’s emails can be retrieved into the GoldMine database while the user is logged into GoldMine Web.
What's New in GoldMine 2015.1
Main Functionality added since GoldMine 2014.2 release
• Contact name on Contact list is a link to the Contact record. Left click to open in current window; right click to
select to open in new tab/window.
• Fields on custom screens in Contact record are ordered by tab position set in GoldMine Premium.
• A Create History (checkmark) icon is available on the Contact list and record to allow users to add a completed
call, action, or event directly to History without first scheduling the activity.
• Opportunities section is available on Contact record
An Add link is available for creation of new Opportunities.
Active Opportunities are displayed before completed Opportunities.
Opportunities are further ordered by most recent start date, then by most recent create date.
• In addition to Week view, Activities page now includes Day and Month views.
• Activities scheduled for multiple contacts will display as a single activity with multiple attendees instead of as one
activity per contact on Activities page.
• Activities list Contact name is a link to Contact record. Left click to open in current window; right click to select to
open in new tab/window.
• Link activities and emails to Opportunities, Projects, and Cases by selecting from dropdown in edit mode.
• Completed Forecast Sales linked to an Opportunity cannot be edited in Goldmine Web.
• Opportunities can be created from Contact record Opportunities section.
A linked Forecast Sale is always created when creating a new Opportunity. This Forecast Sale can be
viewed from the Contact record pending section or the Activities page list.
New or active Opportunities can only be set to an active status. It is not possible to set an open Opportunity to Won, Lost, or Abandoned.
• An Opportunities list is available.
Select to view by Opportunity Manager and/or Status.
Sort Opportunities ascending or descending from column headers. A secondary sort by Company name
ascending is automatically applied.
Opportunity name is link to Opportunity record. Left click to open in current window; right click to select
to open in new tab/window.
Company name is link to Contact record. Left click to open in current window; right click to select to
open in new tab/window.
Active Opportunities can be opened for updating by clicking Edit icon
What's New in GoldMine 2015.2
Main Functionality added since GoldMine 2015.1 release.
• Windows 10 compatibility
• Microsoft Office 2016 compatibility
• Add and access Links from Cloud storage
• GoldMine Plus for Microsoft Outlook has been refactored for enhanced main
limiting connection concurrency. See KM 22121 for further information.
• GoldMine Web has a new responsive layout that is touch-sensitive and provides easy navigation to key elements.
You can now access GoldMine functionality from a web browser on desktops, tablets or smart phones. Whether
working in the office, in the field, or at home, users can access GoldMine Web to add, view, or edit contact data
and to schedule, update, or complete activities and opportunities. Our modern design is similar across all supported platforms and browsers so users are able to work efficiently no matter their location or method of
• Click to dial for Primary or Additional Contact phone fields and custom phone fields where name begins UPHONE
• Links section
View and open Links added to a contact record in PE
Protected links are not displayed
• Filter Pending and History sections by activity type and user
• Additional Contacts – click to send email via default mail client
• Complete Activity from Activity List
• View and Complete Pending Opportunity tasks
• Add Opportunity from main menu
• View associated Pending, History, and Tasks on an Opportunity record
• Complete Pending activities and Tasks from an Opportunity name
• Search for Opportunity by name
• View/download Email attachments
What's New in GoldMine 2016.1
Main Functionality added since GoldMine 2015.2 release
Cases / Opportunities
• A Cases list is available from the navigation bar or menu. By default the list is filtered to Open Cases for the logged in User. A User can select to view Cases with a different Status or Owner or view all Cases. The Cases list can be sorted by the available columns – Case Number, Type, Subject, Company, Priority, Status, Deadline, or Owner.
• Cases are also available from the new Cases section on the Contact record. From the Cases section, the user can click the View All link to see the Cases List filtered to Cases for the selected Contact.
• Select a Case from the list or section to view or edit information about the Case.
• A Case can be Reassigned or Escalated and an email notification can be sent to the Owner. A Case can be Resolved or Abandoned and an email notification can be sent to the Contact.
• More information is available in Knowledge article 23544. Login at https://support.heatsoftware.com/.
• When searching for Cases or Opportunities in GoldMine Web, default results are Status: All and Owner: All
• By clicking the Refine link on the Contacts page, a User can search based on desired criteria for selected default and custom fields seen in GoldMine Web. A User can select fields from the main Contact record fields (the first section of a Contact Record) or from Custom screens (the second section of the Contact Record). A User can select a search operator from a defined list. A desired value can be entered or selected from a list or calendar.
A search can be done on a single field or more fields can be added by selecting the plus icon. When the Apply, button is selected, the Contact List is updated to show only Contacts that meet all of the selected criteria.
• Filters or Groups created in GoldMine Premium can be selected in the Refine section or overlay to limit the Contact List to only Contacts belonging to the Filter or Group. Search criteria can be applied to the selected Filter or Group to further limit the list of Contacts.
• More information is available in Knowledge article 23545. Login at https://support.heatsoftware.com/.
• When a search for Contacts is done from the Search Bar or the Attendee finder for Activities, the user can select
Contacts or Additional Contacts to view a list of results matching the value entered.
• From the Additional Contacts search results list, the User can view and sort by Additional Contact, Company,
Email address, Phone, and Primary Contact. The user can also schedule an activity for the Additional Contact
using the Action icons.
• Additional Contacts can be selected from the Attendee finder when scheduling or completing activities. More information is available in Knowledge article 23546. Login at https://support.heatsoftware.com/.
• A map pin icon is available on Contact records to open Google Maps with search done for the contact’s address.
• A notification is displayed if the User is accessing a Contact Set that is in a database different from GoldMine Base tables.
• Back to results link on Contact record returns user to Contact List on same page, with same filter, and with same order as when Contact was selected.
• Opportunity records have a responsive layout.
• Add History option now available from menu.
Users can access option to add a call, action, or appointment to history from the global menu without first scheduling the activity.
• Email rule actions ‘File’ and ‘File To’ configured in GoldMine Premium are respected when email is retrieved during GoldMine Web login.
• When completing an activity in GoldMine Web, the option to schedule a follow up activity is available. Selecting the option will open the Schedule overlay for the same activity type as just completed. Options for scheduling a follow-up by default and carrying over completion notes will be respected in a future release.
• GoldMine Web Activities page graphical calendar is hidden by default on small screens. Select the
to display or hide the calendar.
• GoldMine Web Activities page Tasks and To-Dos are collapsed by default for all screen sizes.
• Activity type “Event” is now labeled “Appointment”
All Appointments and Events are labeled Appointment in GoldMine Web. This does not impact the label, activity type or reporting in GoldMine Premium.
If an Appointment is scheduled or completed with a start and end date and time in GoldMine Web, it is treated as an Appointment in GoldMine Premium
If an Appointment is scheduled or completed for All day in GoldMine Web, it is treated as an Event in GoldMine Premium
NOTE: Clear browser cache after upgrade to see this change
• For new installs of GoldMine Connect or re-installs where the GMMobileAppPool does not exist in IIS, the Application Pool timeout setting is now set to 30 minutes by default.
• The GoldMine Administrator can control the default values for Date and Time or User in the Complete Activity
window by inserting entries into the ENVIRONMENT table
• Settings are per system; when added the setting applies for all users of current system.
• Settings do not sync; apply separately for Sites and Undocked users.
• Settings are applied per activity type:
Appointment –A, Event –E, Call –C, Next Action –T, Other Action –O, Sale –S
• Detailed information regarding adding settings is available in the Knowledgebase. Login at
• KM 21915 > useOriginalDateInComplete
Default Date/Time when completing non-recurring or single instance of a recurring activity
• KM 21916 > useOriginalUserInComplete
Default User when completing non-recurring or single instance of a recurring activity
• KM 21944 > useOriginalDateCompleteRecurrence
Default Date/Time when completing all Pending instances of a recurring activity
• KM 22468 > useOriginalUserCompleteRecurrence
Default User when completing all Pending instances of a recurring activity or default date/time
and user when completing multi-user and/or multi-contact activity
• GoldMine Plus for Microsoft Outlook has been refactored for enhanced maintainability and predictability by limiting connection concurrency. See KM 22121 for further information. Login at
For information on how to get GoldMine Upgrades, please contact Wizard Systems.
The latest Hotfix for GoldMine is now available through Wizard Systems.
What's Fixed in GoldMine 2016.1 HF6
GoldMine Premium 2016.1.0.199 / GoldMine Connect 2016.1.0.316
238799 Query times out or sync takes ages when a lot of users are in a GoldMine database, and / or filtered sync
settings are used - offending query part seems to be C.USERID IN
204088 Unable to run or record macros on newer Operating systems - This issue started to be reported since
Vista/Windows 7 came out and works less and less with every newer Windows version - nothing happens or
run into an error referring to win32kfull.sys
To find out how you can access these GoldMine upgrades, please contact Wizard Systems.