On the 9th December, GoldMine 2014.2 will be released which will include the NEW Web Client.
A key objective of GoldMine development plans has been to extend access to a client’s GoldMine database to further enhance the affordability and control over your data that a premise based install provides.
In addition to the classic Windows desktop client, the GoldMine application and data can be accessed remotely:
- Over a client’s network and VPN using Remote Desktop or Citrix
- Install of optional iGoldMine based on Graphon’s Go Global thin client
- Use of Mobile Edition from iOS and Android devices
These current options are relatively inexpensive and provide either full functionality in a browser or a reduced set of key contact management features on Mobile Edtion.
Why is a Web Client needed?
Today, users expect the look and feel of a web client along with the “no install” aspect that makes support of remote users easier.
What features will the Web Client provide?”
The first release will focus on basic contact and relationship management functionality and provide a new user interface that may be the preferred interface for newer users or users wanting only basic contact management. Other options will remain for those power or advanced users wanting the full functionality.
The first release of GoldMine Web, will provide real time web browser access to a GoldMine database using any browser without any desktop setup. Launch the browser to view, update, and create:
- Contact Records
- Pending and History Activities
- Additional Contacts
- Easily view and filter activities by type, for yourself as well as those scheduled for another user. You can also schedule, edit, and complete:
- Appointments and Events
- Link sent and received emails to your GoldMine Contacts through web based email clients when server side auto-linking is enabled in GoldMine Premium Edition. These emails are saved in the contact history.
- Phase 2 TBD
Limitations known so far...
1. You can't schedule an activity to an additional contact.
2. You can't create a ToDo
3. There is no email client.
4. Can't use on a phone.
5. There is no Other or Next Activity choice. Everything is an Other.
How will it be installed?
The web client interface will be incorporated into the Premium Edition version 2014.2 release. Users will need to update to this version in order to get Web Client functionality (it will not work with prior versions of Premium Edition). Mobile server components need to be installed on a client’s IIS with appropriate internet connectivity configuration. We recommend you consult with Wizard Systems on how to deploy this capability.
How will it be licensed?
As the GoldMine Web will be part of Premium Edition, it will not have a separate licensing scheme. Licensing will be governed as follows:
- All Premium Edition customers will have to obtain a new Premium Edition 9.4 license from Wizard Systems. Existing licenses will not operate within this release. Additional information on obtaining the new license will be provided closer to the release date.
- The Web Client will require an available Premium Edition License (consistent with current licensing of iGoldMine and Mobile Edition).
- Only one web client session per named user will be allowed at the same time. Logging into the Web Client will log a user out of any mobile session (thus helping preserve license availability and prevent unauthorized multi-session use under one log in).
- Monthly “hot fixes” will be made to the 2014.2 release going forward.
Is this a replacement for Mobile Edition, wMobile or iGoldMine/GO-Global?
These other 'add on' solutions will continue to be access options and be supported/promoted by Wizard Systems:
- iGoldMine/GO-Global will remain an available option for those users wanting access to the full features of the Windows Client while using a browser;
- Mobile Edition/wMobile will continue to be available for real-time access from mobile devices to use the most common contact management functions.
For more information on GoldMine upgrades, please contact Wizard Systems on 01454 316800.