We're often asked the difference and here is a run down in detail between version 2014 and 2016..
What's New in GoldMine 2014.1
GoldMine Premium Edition now includes an integration with Google Apps. This integration provides bidirectional synchronization between your Google Apps calendar and your GoldMine Calendar. Standalone Gmail accounts are not supported at this time.
Changes to Goldmine Mobile have been excluded from this document/1. This is a different Product to GoldMine Web and has now been withdrawn.
What's New in GoldMine 2014.2
• If the GoldMine system directory and/or SQL Server are not available when logging into Outlook with GoldMine Plus for Outlook installed and enabled, the user will receive a message ‘GoldMine is not available. GoldMine Plus could not be connected.’ If SQL Server becomes available, the user can manually connect without restarting Outlook. If the system directory becomes available, Outlook must be restarted to connect.
Access GoldMine data in real time via a web browser with GoldMine Web. GoldMine Web provides basic contact management functionality and a new user interface. No local installation and no additional license are required for GoldMine Web. A concurrent GoldMine Premium license is used by each active GoldMine Web session.
• View and order a list of contact records
• Search for desired contacts by Contact or Company
• Create new Contact records
• Drill down on a selected Contact to view, add, or update:
o Basic primary field data
o Custom screens field data
o Additional Contacts
• View and edit History activities from the Contact record
• View, schedule, edit and complete Pending activities from the Contact record or the Activities page.
• View Pending Activities in a weekly list and graphical calendar
o View activities for yourself or a selected user
o Filter activities by type
• Supported activity types:
o Actions scheduled in Web appear as Other Actions in GoldMine Premium
o Actions scheduled in GoldMine Premium as Next Actions retain this activity type if updated in GoldMine Web
o Events scheduled in GoldMine Web with All Day checked appear as Events in GoldMine Premium
o Events scheduled in GoldMine Web with a Start and End time appear as Appointments in GoldMine Premium
o Events and appointments scheduled in GoldMine Premium retain the appropriate activity type if updated in GoldMine Web
o Forecasted Sales
• When viewing timed activities on the Contact Record Pending or History tab or on the Activities list or calendar, the time zone for the local browser is respected. For All Day events or for dates in custom fields, the date from the server is respected.
• The GoldMine Messaging Service can be configured to send activity notifications (alarms) that include a link to open the activity in GoldMine Web or Mobile.
• Users of GoldMine Web can complete an unscheduled activity from the contact list or contact record. A Create History (checkmark) icon is available with the Schedule and Forecast Sale icons. This allows a user to add a completed Call, Action, or Event directly to History without first scheduling the activity.
• The locations of the Code and Result fields have been swapped in the Complete activity window in GoldMine Web.
• View sent and filed linked History emails from a Contact record
• View and fast file linked Pending emails from a Contact record
• View and fast file linked and unlinked Pending emails from the Activities page
• Select to reply, reply all, or forward an email viewed in GoldMine Web to open the designated email client with a limited amount of the original message available.
• Clicking an email address link in GoldMine Web will open a new message in the user’s designated email client.
• With minimal configuration, a user’s emails can be retrieved into the GoldMine database while the user is logged into GoldMine Web.
What's New in GoldMine 2015.1
Main Functionality added since GoldMine 2014.2 release
• Contact name on Contact list is a link to the Contact record. Left click to open in current window; right click to
select to open in new tab/window.
• Fields on custom screens in Contact record are ordered by tab position set in GoldMine Premium.
• A Create History (checkmark) icon is available on the Contact list and record to allow users to add a completed
call, action, or event directly to History without first scheduling the activity.
• Opportunities section is available on Contact record
An Add link is available for creation of new Opportunities.
Active Opportunities are displayed before completed Opportunities.
Opportunities are further ordered by most recent start date, then by most recent create date.
• In addition to Week view, Activities page now includes Day and Month views.
• Activities scheduled for multiple contacts will display as a single activity with multiple attendees instead of as one
activity per contact on Activities page.
• Activities list Contact name is a link to Contact record. Left click to open in current window; right click to select to
open in new tab/window.
• Link activities and emails to Opportunities, Projects, and Cases by selecting from dropdown in edit mode.
• Completed Forecast Sales linked to an Opportunity cannot be edited in Goldmine Web.
• Opportunities can be created from Contact record Opportunities section.
A linked Forecast Sale is always created when creating a new Opportunity. This Forecast Sale can be
viewed from the Contact record pending section or the Activities page list.
New or active Opportunities can only be set to an active status. It is not possible to set an open Opportunity to Won, Lost, or Abandoned.
• An Opportunities list is available.
Select to view by Opportunity Manager and/or Status.
Sort Opportunities ascending or descending from column headers. A secondary sort by Company name
ascending is automatically applied.
Opportunity name is link to Opportunity record. Left click to open in current window; right click to select
to open in new tab/window.
Company name is link to Contact record. Left click to open in current window; right click to select to
open in new tab/window.
Active Opportunities can be opened for updating by clicking Edit icon
What's New in GoldMine 2015.2
Main Functionality added since GoldMine 2015.1 release.
• Windows 10 compatibility
• Microsoft Office 2016 compatibility
• Add and access Links from Cloud storage
• GoldMine Plus for Microsoft Outlook has been refactored for enhanced main
limiting connection concurrency. See KM 22121 for further information.
• GoldMine Web has a new responsive layout that is touch-sensitive and provides easy navigation to key elements.
You can now access GoldMine functionality from a web browser on desktops, tablets or smart phones. Whether
working in the office, in the field, or at home, users can access GoldMine Web to add, view, or edit contact data
and to schedule, update, or complete activities and opportunities. Our modern design is similar across all supported platforms and browsers so users are able to work efficiently no matter their location or method of
• Click to dial for Primary or Additional Contact phone fields and custom phone fields where name begins UPHONE
• Links section
View and open Links added to a contact record in PE
Protected links are not displayed
• Filter Pending and History sections by activity type and user
• Additional Contacts – click to send email via default mail client
• Complete Activity from Activity List
• View and Complete Pending Opportunity tasks
• Add Opportunity from main menu
• View associated Pending, History, and Tasks on an Opportunity record
• Complete Pending activities and Tasks from an Opportunity name
• Search for Opportunity by name
• View/download Email attachments
What's New in GoldMine 2016.1
Main Functionality added since GoldMine 2015.2 release
Cases / Opportunities
• A Cases list is available from the navigation bar or menu. By default the list is filtered to Open Cases for the logged in User. A User can select to view Cases with a different Status or Owner or view all Cases. The Cases list can be sorted by the available columns – Case Number, Type, Subject, Company, Priority, Status, Deadline, or Owner.
• Cases are also available from the new Cases section on the Contact record. From the Cases section, the user can click the View All link to see the Cases List filtered to Cases for the selected Contact.
• Select a Case from the list or section to view or edit information about the Case.
• A Case can be Reassigned or Escalated and an email notification can be sent to the Owner. A Case can be Resolved or Abandoned and an email notification can be sent to the Contact.
• More information is available in Knowledge article 23544. Login at https://support.heatsoftware.com/.
• When searching for Cases or Opportunities in GoldMine Web, default results are Status: All and Owner: All
• By clicking the Refine link on the Contacts page, a User can search based on desired criteria for selected default and custom fields seen in GoldMine Web. A User can select fields from the main Contact record fields (the first section of a Contact Record) or from Custom screens (the second section of the Contact Record). A User can select a search operator from a defined list. A desired value can be entered or selected from a list or calendar.
A search can be done on a single field or more fields can be added by selecting the plus icon. When the Apply, button is selected, the Contact List is updated to show only Contacts that meet all of the selected criteria.
• Filters or Groups created in GoldMine Premium can be selected in the Refine section or overlay to limit the Contact List to only Contacts belonging to the Filter or Group. Search criteria can be applied to the selected Filter or Group to further limit the list of Contacts.
• More information is available in Knowledge article 23545. Login at https://support.heatsoftware.com/.
• When a search for Contacts is done from the Search Bar or the Attendee finder for Activities, the user can select
Contacts or Additional Contacts to view a list of results matching the value entered.
• From the Additional Contacts search results list, the User can view and sort by Additional Contact, Company,
Email address, Phone, and Primary Contact. The user can also schedule an activity for the Additional Contact
using the Action icons.
• Additional Contacts can be selected from the Attendee finder when scheduling or completing activities. More information is available in Knowledge article 23546. Login at https://support.heatsoftware.com/.
• A map pin icon is available on Contact records to open Google Maps with search done for the contact’s address.
• A notification is displayed if the User is accessing a Contact Set that is in a database different from GoldMine Base tables.
• Back to results link on Contact record returns user to Contact List on same page, with same filter, and with same order as when Contact was selected.
• Opportunity records have a responsive layout.
• Add History option now available from menu.
Users can access option to add a call, action, or appointment to history from the global menu without first scheduling the activity.
• Email rule actions ‘File’ and ‘File To’ configured in GoldMine Premium are respected when email is retrieved during GoldMine Web login.
• When completing an activity in GoldMine Web, the option to schedule a follow up activity is available. Selecting the option will open the Schedule overlay for the same activity type as just completed. Options for scheduling a follow-up by default and carrying over completion notes will be respected in a future release.
• GoldMine Web Activities page graphical calendar is hidden by default on small screens. Select the
to display or hide the calendar.
• GoldMine Web Activities page Tasks and To-Dos are collapsed by default for all screen sizes.
• Activity type “Event” is now labeled “Appointment”
All Appointments and Events are labeled Appointment in GoldMine Web. This does not impact the label, activity type or reporting in GoldMine Premium.
If an Appointment is scheduled or completed with a start and end date and time in GoldMine Web, it is treated as an Appointment in GoldMine Premium
If an Appointment is scheduled or completed for All day in GoldMine Web, it is treated as an Event in GoldMine Premium
NOTE: Clear browser cache after upgrade to see this change
• For new installs of GoldMine Connect or re-installs where the GMMobileAppPool does not exist in IIS, the Application Pool timeout setting is now set to 30 minutes by default.
• The GoldMine Administrator can control the default values for Date and Time or User in the Complete Activity
window by inserting entries into the ENVIRONMENT table
• Settings are per system; when added the setting applies for all users of current system.
• Settings do not sync; apply separately for Sites and Undocked users.
• Settings are applied per activity type:
Appointment –A, Event –E, Call –C, Next Action –T, Other Action –O, Sale –S
• Detailed information regarding adding settings is available in the Knowledgebase. Login at
• KM 21915 > useOriginalDateInComplete
Default Date/Time when completing non-recurring or single instance of a recurring activity
• KM 21916 > useOriginalUserInComplete
Default User when completing non-recurring or single instance of a recurring activity
• KM 21944 > useOriginalDateCompleteRecurrence
Default Date/Time when completing all Pending instances of a recurring activity
• KM 22468 > useOriginalUserCompleteRecurrence
Default User when completing all Pending instances of a recurring activity or default date/time
and user when completing multi-user and/or multi-contact activity
• GoldMine Plus for Microsoft Outlook has been refactored for enhanced maintainability and predictability by limiting connection concurrency. See KM 22121 for further information. Login at
For information on how to get GoldMine Upgrades, please contact Wizard Systems.