Wizard Systems are pleased to announce the general availability of GoldMine 2016.1, with new capabilities mainly in the 'GoldMine Web' area.
Below is a list of functionality added since GoldMine 2015.2 release (functionality added in monthly 2015.2 hotfixes is included).
• A Cases list is available from the navigation bar or menu. By default the list is filtered to Open Cases for the logged in User. A User can select to view Cases with a different Status or Owner or view all Cases. The Cases list can be sorted by the available columns – Case Number, Type, Subject, Company, Priority, Status, Deadline, or Owner.
• Cases are also available from the new Cases section on the Contact record. From the Cases section, the user can click the View All link to see the Cases List filtered to Cases for the selected Contact.
• Select a Case from the list or section to view or edit information about the Case.
• A Case can be Reassigned or Escalated and an email notification can be sent to the Owner. A Case can be Resolved or Abandoned and an email notification can be sent to the Contact.
• More information is available in Knowledge article 23544. Login at https://support.heatsoftware.com/.
• By clicking the Refine link on the Contacts page, a User can search based on desired criteria for selected default and custom fields seen in GoldMine Web. A User can select fields from the main Contact record fields (the first section of a Contact Record) or from Custom screens (the second section of the Contact Record). A User can select a search operator from a defined list. A desired value can be entered or selected from a list or calendar. A search can be done on a single field or more fields can be added by selecting the plus icon. When the Apply button is selected, the Contact List is updated to show only Contacts that meet all of the selected criteria.
• Filters or Groups created in GoldMine Premium can be selected in the Refine section or overlay to limit the Contact List to only Contacts belonging to the Filter or Group. Search criteria can be applied to the selected Filter or Group to further limit the list of Contacts.
• More information is available in Knowledge article 23545. Login at https://support.heatsoftware.com/.
• When a search for Contacts is done from the Search Bar or the Attendee finder for Activities, the user can select Contacts or Additional Contacts to view a list of results matching the value entered.
• From the Additional Contacts search results list, the User can view and sort by Additional Contact, Company, Email address, Phone, and Primary Contact. The user can also schedule an activity for the Additional Contact using the Action icons.
• Additional Contacts can be selected from the Attendee finder when scheduling or completing Activities.
• More information is available in Knowledge article 23546. Login at https://support.heatsoftware.com/.
• A map pin icon is available on Contact records to open Google Maps with search done for the contact’s address.
• A notification is displayed if the User is accessing a Contact Set that is in a database different from GoldMine Base tables.
• Back to results link on Contact record returns user to Contact List on same page, with same filter, and with same order as when Contact was selected.
• Opportunity records have a responsive layout.
• Add History option now available from menu. Users can access option to add a call, action, or appointment to history from the global menu without first scheduling the activity.
• Email rule actions ‘File’ and ‘File To’ configured in GoldMine Premium are respected when email is retrieved during GoldMine Web login.
• The GoldMine Administrator can control the default values for Date and Time or User in the Complete Activity window by inserting entries into the ENVIRONMENT table
-Settings are per system; when added the setting applies for all users of current system.
-Settings do not sync; apply separately for Sites and Undocked users.
-Settings are applied per activity type:
Appointment –A, Event –E, Call –C, Next Action –T, Other Action –O, Sale –S
-Detailed information regarding adding settings is available in the Knowledgebase. Login at https://support.heatsoftware.com/.
KM 21915 > useOriginalDateInComplete
Default Date/Time when completing non-recurring or single instance of a recurring activity
KM 21916 > useOriginalUserInComplete
Default User when completing non-recurring or single instance of a recurring activity
KM 21944 > useOriginalDateCompleteRecurrence
Default Date/Time when completing all Pending instances of a recurring activity
KM 22468 > useOriginalUserCompleteRecurrence
Default User when completing all Pending instances of a recurring activity or default date/time
and user when completing multi-user and/or multi-contact activity
• GoldMine Plus for Microsoft Outlook has been refactored for enhanced maintainability and predictability by
limiting connection concurrency. See KM 22121 for further information. Login at
What's Changed in GoldMine 2016.1 (below are features which have been changed)
GoldMine Premium 2016.1.0.147 / GoldMine Connect 2016.1.0.273
Changes made since the GoldMine 2015.2 release; changes made in monthly 2015.2 hotfixes are included.
• Activity type “Event” is now labeled “Appointment”
All Appointments and Events are labeled Appointment in GoldMine Web. This does not impact the label, activity
type or reporting in GoldMine Premium.
o If an Appointment is scheduled or completed with a start and end date and time in GoldMine Web, it is
treated as an Appointment in GoldMine Premium
o If an Appointment is scheduled or completed for All day in GoldMine Web, it is treated as an Event in GoldMine Premium
NOTE: Clear browser cache after upgrade to see this change
• Status filter for Opportunities list is now a dropdown on small screens
• For new installs of GoldMine Connect or re-installs where the GMMobileAppPool does not exist in IIS, the
Application Pool timeout setting is now set to 30 minutes by default.
For more information on how to get the latest version of GoldMine, please contact Wizard Systems 01454 316800.
Please note that at the current time, QuoteWerks is not compatible with GoldMine 2016.1 and a QuoteWerks update will be available soon.