GoldMine Premium Edition 2015.1 has now been released with mainly additional capabilities for the GoldMine Web feature (a new feature of GoldMine to access GoldMine live via the Web)
GoldMine Web > Contacts
v Contact name on Contact list is link to Contact record. Left click to open in current window; right click to select to open in new tab/window.
v Fields on custom screens in Contact record are ordered by tab position set in GoldMine Premium.
v A Create History (checkmark) icon is available on the Contact list and record to allow users to add a completed call, action, or event directly to History without first scheduling the activity.
v Opportunities section is available on Contact record
- An Add link is available for creation of new Opportunities.
- Active Opportunities are displayed before completed Opportunities.
- Opportunities are further ordered by most recent start date, then by most recent create date.
GoldMine Web > Activities
v In addition to Week view, Activities page now includes Day and Month views.
v Activities scheduled for multiple contacts will display as a single activity with multiple attendees instead of as one activity per contact on Activities page.
v Activities list Contact name is a link to Contact record. Left click to open in current window; right click to select to open in new tab/window.
v Link activities and emails to Opportunities, Projects, and Cases by selecting from dropdown in edit mode.
v Completed Forecast Sales linked to an Opportunity cannot be edited in Goldmine Web.
GoldMine Web > Opportunities
v Opportunities can be created from Contact record Opportunities section.
- A linked Forecast Sale is always created when creating a new Opportunity. This Forecast Sale can be viewed from the Contact record pending section or the Activities page list.
- New or active Opportunities can only be set to an active status. It is not possible to set an open Opportunity to Won, Lost, or Abandoned.
v An Opportunities list is available.
- Select to view by Opportunity Manager and/or Status.
- Sort Opportunities ascending or descending from column headers. A secondary sort by Company name ascending is automatically applied.
- Opportunity name is link to Opportunity record. Left click to open in current window; right click to select to open in new tab/window.
- Company name is link to Contact record. Left click to open in current window; right click to select to open in new tab/window.
- Active Opportunities can be opened for updating by clicking Edit icon in list view.
v An Opportunities record detail view is available.
- Default and custom Opportunity fields are displayed.
- Closed Units, Price, and Amount are displayed when Forecast Sales closed as successful are linked to the Opportunity.
- Custom labels and order of custom fields set in GoldMine Premium are respected.
- Active Opportunities can be updated or completed by clicking the Edit or Complete icon following the Opportunity name.
- Pending and History activities linked to an Opportunity can be viewed from the associated Contact record. Viewing activities from the Opportunity as well as viewing and working with Influencers, Tasks, Team, Issues, Notes, Competitors, and Details is not currently available through GoldMine Web.
v Opportunities can be completed and set to Won, Lost, or Abandoned.
- All Pending Forecast Sales are automatically completed.
- User can select to complete other Pending activities.
- Tasks and Issues cannot currently be completed when completing an Opportunity in GoldMine Web.
- Wrap-up activity is not currently automatically recorded in contact History in GoldMine Web.
- Setting a Competitor Contract Winner when losing an Opportunity is not currently available through GoldMine Web.
v Currency symbols for Opportunities respect GoldMine Web server settings. Because IIS uses Network Service as Identity for GMMobileAppPool, it may be necessary to copy current settings to system accounts via Control Panel Region > Administrative tab > Copy settings > enable copy your current setting to Welcome screen and system accounts.
What's Changed in GoldMine 2015.1
Changes made since the GoldMine 2014.2 release; changes made in monthly 2014.2 hotfixes are included.
The locations of the Code and Result fields have been swapped in the Complete activity window in GoldMine Web.
If the GoldMine system directory and/or SQL Server are not available when logging into Outlook with GoldMine Plus for Outlook installed and enabled, the user will receive a message ‘GoldMine is not available. GoldMine Plus could not be connected.’ If SQL Server becomes available, the user can manually connect without restarting Outlook. If the system directory becomes available, Outlook must be restarted to connect.
For more information on GoldMine 2015.1 or GoldMine Web, please contact Wizard Systems.