How do I launch an application or access a file that I use often, from GoldMine?
Most of us often work with word documents and other software programs such as Microsoft Excel, Internet Explorer along with GoldMine. It will be very convenient if an icon of that MS Word file or software is added to GoldMine taskbar, so that you can launch them easily from within the GoldMine window
To do this, follow the instructions given below.
1. Right click anywhere on GoldMine taskbar and select Add New Item… This will launch Taskbar Group Item Selection dialog box.
2. From Item Type drop down list, select External Application.
3. Enter a suitable caption for the icon that is to be added to GoldMine taskbar.
4. Browse and select the application (.exe file) or the document (.doc file) that is to be added, by clicking on ellipse button […] placed next to Application text box.
5. The path of the chosen file will be automatically displayed in Start Directory text box.
6. Specify additional conditions that should be executed when the application is launched in Command Line. (Refer GoldMine online help for details)
7. Browse and select an icon for the file that you are adding by clicking on ellipse […] button next to Icon text box.
8. The icon of the application/file that should be launched will be displayed in the text area of this dialog box.
9. Click OK.