Q. Is it possible to make the GoldMine to outlook calendar sync only appointments? Instead of Appointments, Calls, and Actions etc)
Answer: There are no settings to prevent GoldMine from syncing all activity types for any user who has the calendar sync active. However...
i. it is possible to categorise activities that sync across appointments into outlook.
Categorised activites are then given a type and colour
ii. it is possible to filter you outlook calendar to hide items of certain categories
This can be achieved as follows…
1. Ensure your outlook calendars sync is setup and working.
2. Go to the user’s pc and log into GoldMine as the user who you need to adjust
- Select... Tools | Configure | Outlook Integration settings
- Select the Synchronisation tab
- Select the lower button. 'Setup outlook synchronisation for USERNAME'
- Select Next then Tick Advance Options
- Select Next then Press the 'Advance' Options button
- On the General Tab tick 'Use Categories' for Activities in Outlook
- Select OK then Finish
Any new activities added to GoldMine will now sync to outlook with a category
3. You can filter you outlook diary as follows...
- In the 'View' ribbon, click 'View Settings'
- Click the 'Filter...' option
- Choose the 'Advanced' tab
- Add a rule on the Field 'Frequently-used fields' > 'Categories'
- Enter the Condition 'doesn't contain'
- Enter the exact category name under Value (Call or Appointment etc)
- Hit 'Ok' to close the dialogs
- In the 'View' ribbon, open 'Change View' and choose 'Save Current View As a New View...'
You have now saved a view that filters meetings from certain categories. If you want to switch between the trimmed down view and the full calendar view you can use the 'Change View' button in the 'View' ribbon.